In The Dark/JointVentures Role Playing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to spammers annoying me, if you wish to become a member of this board you most first PM me (Gothicfires) through http://elliquiy.com

*ShoutBox
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jacqueline Carey  (Read 6627 times)

Goblinmoon

Jacqueline Carey
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »
Hands down Jacqueline Carey is my current fav author.  Her main series, the Kushiel books is two trilogies.  The second book of the second trilogy just came out.  This woman writes amazingly, its like history, poetry, sex and epicness all in one. 

The first trilogy starts with Kushiel's Dart - a book about a young woman who was born as a courtesan who is revealed to be an anguisette, which in that world is essentially a submissive masochist, but not just that.  This sounds like an unlikely choice for a lead heroine but OMG does it work.  The second trilogy is based on another character and is more intimate and slightly less sexual, but not much less. 

I rarely have encountered an author so consistently good!  I can't recommend this books more highly.

Bast

• Belongs to Lord Moridin
  • itd
  • Tempted
  • The most precious gift is that which is given
Re: Jacqueline Carey
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »
Has anyone else read these?  I just finished and know the next set is coming, with the next series starting in July called Namare's Kiss.

The most precious gift is that which is given, not taken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »