In The Dark/JointVentures Role Playing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to spammers annoying me, if you wish to become a member of this board you most first PM me (Gothicfires) through http://elliquiy.com

*ShoutBox
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 朴, p’u or pu ~ An uncarved block (of ice)  (Read 18443 times)

Dawg

• itd
  • Tempted
朴, p’u or pu ~ An uncarved block (of ice)
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »
, p’u or pu literally translated it means uncut wood.   An uncarved block before it is cut has the potential to be anything, but once a chip or cut is made, not matter how small or seemingly insignificant that same block no longer has that same limitless potential it had before the blemish.

This state is used as a reference in Toaism to the central theme to the belief or philosophy which is 无为, wúwéi or Wu wei literally translated “without action”.   It is thought that those who can master Wu wei can see and comprehend the soft and invisible power that lies within all things.   In ancient text, the concept of Wu wei is associated with water because although water is soft and weak compared to most other things, through its effortless action of just being existant and allowing nature to take it course it can move earth and carve stone.   If you don’t believe this, next time you visit Arizona stop by the Grand Canyon and tell me that water using nothing more that wei wu wei, or action without action just by being present and allowing the action of nature itself happen cannot move earth or cut stone.

So if we associate water,
Wu wei and pu you now have
an uncarved block of water. 

A simple concept of limitless power and possibilities.

Took Puppy down to see the ice sculptures earlier and we just walked around to look at different artist conceptions along with their artwork, sipping on hot chocolate and gazing in wonder at the different things found within these blocks.   As most of you know I can't do anything with Puppy without some lesson being learned, sometimes he teaches me, sometime I teach him, sometimes we just watch in awe at the power of the universe and learn together, today was one of those.

Before you look at these, ask yourself what you see in the pu of water in the picture above . . . . . . . . .

A pack of wolves howling at the moon

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:54:45 PM by GothicFires »
"sEx is LikE aiR.    .   
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.    .    "     

Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely ~ Chinua Achebe

Dawg

• itd
  • Tempted
Re: 朴, p’u or pu ~ An uncarved block (of ice)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:45 PM »
A Python coiled and ready to seek its prey

A giraffe on the plains of the Serengeti

A Ram overlooking a valley in the Rocky Mountians

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:55:52 PM by GothicFires »
"sEx is LikE aiR.    .   

Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely ~ Chinua Achebe

Dawg

• itd
  • Tempted
Re: 朴, p’u or pu ~ An uncarved block (of ice)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
A maiden calling for her lover lost at sea

[/code]

Maybe a mermaid saving the maiden's lover and returning him to her

[code]

The ideas, concepts and possibilities are limitless
and show that within our mind lies the power of Wu wei
and by harnessing that power and aligning it,
one can achieve "wei wu wei" - action without action and limitless power. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:56:27 PM by GothicFires »
"sEx is LikE aiR.    .   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »