In The Dark/JointVentures Role Playing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to spammers annoying me, if you wish to become a member of this board you most first PM me (Gothicfires) through http://elliquiy.com

*ShoutBox
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Role Playing Rules & Information  (Read 6161 times)

GothicFires

• Chaos in a Dream
  • Administrator
  • Seducer
  • Games: Open
Site Role Playing Rules & Information
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:31 AM »
Note: Role playing rules may be updated at any time by the edit of this post. Role playing rules being changed after you become a member of In The Dark/Joint Ventures does  not excuse you for not knowing them.

Site Wide Rules

Registering
  • After you register on the board you MUST go to your email account and activate your registration. We apologize for the inconvenience but spammers have required us to make this a rule. If you do not get your activation email, please do not register again. Send an email to gothicfires'at'gmail.com and I will activate the registration for you. The email you send must be from the same address you registered with.
  • Registering does not allow you to see more than you already could if you were a guest.  To have full access to the site you MUST create an introduction thread, affirm you are over the age of 18, affirm that you have read the rules and provide a writing sample. The list of questions you need to answer is located here.
  • If you have been referred to this site by someone here or are a member of Elliquiy or Odessy please let us know. We have joint members on those sites and it could speed your access.
  • For you idiots who are trying to advertise, don't waste our time ( I don't really care about your time.) ANY USERNAME WITH A [DOT]WEB EXTENSION (example imtooclever.com) will be deleted. Given that moderators are usually on most of the time it won't last long. (yes I am really irritated that I had to write this rule.)

AGE, MATURITY and CONDUCT
  • Role playing members must be adults, 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 and wish to role play then go to RPOL.
  • If you are found to lack the maturity to be a good member of this site, you will be removed.  We will never issue more than two warnings. It simply isn't worth our time.
  • If you are easily offended, then there is 100% chance you will find something offensive here. Do not join. Both In The Dark and Joint Venture have specific places for things that might offend sensitive people. If you are sensitive then stay out of those areas. If something upsets you simply do not open the thread again.
  • No discrimination is allowed on any account. We are open to all races, religions, cultures and sexual orientations. 
  • You are expected to be respectful of those whose views differ from yours. You may openly disagree with someone, but you may not flat out tell them they are wrong, stupid, pointless... etc. In the real world you meet people you don't like, you stay away from them.  Here, you will likely find people that you don't like, do the same.  We do not need snide comments, flame wars, screaming matches, drama in general.Adults should be able to have a discussion without tension and stress.
  • Realize that even though this is not 'real life' people have the same boundaries that they do in 'real life'
  • Do not "DO" or "Write that you are doing" anything to anyone with out getting permission of that person first. Example. Stranger types: *hugs GothicFires* This is wrong. Stranger should typed: *offers hugs to GothicFires* or "GothicFires may I hug you?"
  • You will see people here *hugging* or doing other things together all the time. Just because a member does this with another member does not mean you have a right to do it with out asking. If you accidentally "do" something to someone with out asking and they tell you not to do it again... don't. If you do it again you will get one warning... twice you will be removed from the board. There is no reason not to respect a persons boundaries.
  • If someone crosses your boundaries without your permission and you do not like it do not become upset. Yes i know this next statement will go against what is written above, but they aren't physically capable of touching you. Nor should you suffer in silence or accept it to 'keep the peace'. Tell the person that you did not like it and to please not do it again. If they do it again then report it to an administrator or a moderator and we will warn them. If they do it a third time then we will remove them from the board.
  • There are online and real life couples on this site. Some of them choose to live an alternative life style. You are expected to respect that life style. Example Shadow claims GothicFires as her slave and GothicFires agrees. That does not give you the right to call GothicFires or anyone else a slave with out their permission and if you wish to work with GothicFires in a D/s setting then you must ask Shadow who is her master. (Disclaimer. this is an example written without Shadow's permission because she and I are very good friends.. She would love to have me as a slave... as I am naturally an Alpha... its not going to happen.)
  • Limits, Before you start writing with someone, check thier limits, likes and dislikes, keep to them.  While in the RPs no may not mean it or might be ignored, the members limits are to be respected.
  • Real life,  We all have one, some are married or have a very fine relationship outside of the forums, because you have a nice steamy affair with them here does not mean that you are to expect or even ask them to have on in meat space (For those that need the definiton for that, it's slang for real life, the part of the day you are not on the net).
  • Real life again, Sometimes RL intrudes, work, family, school, whatever.  Sometimes it's as simple as a case of writers block.  If a partner has not posted to you in a bit, it happens.  Send a quick PM asking if they are ok, something with the story that you can help them with, a gentle reminder that it is their post.  Do not do this every 15 minutes telling them to post, demanding reasons, being generally rude.  You don't know the real reason, your partner may just have had bad news and needs a little bit of time.

WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
  • No sexual content is allowed in the board Everything Under the Sun as it is viewable by the public. Note your Avatar and pictures in the Signature are also viewable to the public.
  • No children, characters made in the image of children or characters with the mentality of a child may be in or role played in a sex scene. This includes just observing. Break this rule and your account will be closed and your ip given to law enforcement. The minimum character age here is 17. To be clear, a 70 year old elf that looks 12, no, a mature looking 14 year old, no, the age and apparent age of the character needs to be states as 17 or over.
  • No Scat or coprophilia (body waste)
  • No Necrophilia (animated dead, vampires, ghouls and other undead are exempt from this rule as long as they are not falling apart.)
  • No Snuff, guro or gore.
  • No pictures of rape or bestiality.

GAMES
  • Just because this is an Adult website does not mean your role playing games/stories need to contain sex.
  • Role playing non consensual (rape) is not forbidden on this site. However it can only be written in the Oubliette on the In The Dark board or the non consensual area of the Joint Ventures board. I want to make it clear that we at In The Dark, Joint Ventures and Gothic Fires in no way condone the hurting on another individual whether it be mental or physical. If you begin role playing a game outside designated areas and a non-con issue arises you must have a moderator move the game before you  can continue.  If it is a multi-thread group game the entire game must be moved or that segment of the game gets its on thread in an appropriate area.

AUTHORITY
  • If you have a problem with another role playing member, please try to work it out between yourselves in private. If you cannot then contact a Site Moderator and let them mediate.
  • Do not ever argue with a Moderator. If you do not like or agree with what they have said then you may state your case in a calm and polite fashion to the next level up (ie Game Moderator answers to Site Moderator answers to Administrators answers to Owners: Steve or Myself).  In most cases the Moderators will win simply because they either have rules they want to follow with the game they are running or they are Moderators because we trust their judgment and given them that responsibility. However each issue will be looked at objectively. Owner decisions are final.

ACTIVITY
  • Those that have signed up but not made an introduction in 30 days will be deleted
  • Role Playing members who have not logged on for 6 months may be deleted.
  • Role Playing games that have no activity for 3 months may be deleted. Though exceptions will be made for good stories.

OTHER STUFF
  • Avatars cannot contain nudity. I cannot stress enough that children and teenagers will be able to find this role playing site.
  • Pictures in the private area may contain nudity. But not sexual violence, bestiality or be gory. If you need me to host a picture because it is not in the guidelines of free host picture sites, email me the picture to pictures@gothicfires.net. I will PM you the link.
  • New Members should only post in the Rules, Information & Entry Board. Posting in any other board before you are moved to the JV and/or ITD group will result in you being removed from the site.  This is to prevent spamming on the boards that we use to help & promote those who are part of our community/family. If you are here with sincerity you will be accepted soon enough.
  • You must post an introduction before you will be granted access to the JV and/or ITD group  so that you can see the entire board.

In The Dark specific rules
  • Please Note that the writing standards do not apply to the JointVentures board. However if you write on both boards you are still required to maintain these standards on the In The Dark board.
  • We who run In The Dark would never require role playing standards for anyone that we ourselves do not meet. All of us have extremely busy schedules. We take the time to role play, write and run this board because we enjoy it. So we ask that you provide the same quality role play writing that we do.
  • Try to make posts at least 100 words. We recognize that it is not always possible, but those times should be rare. Posts under three lines are not acceptable at all. If you answer the following questions then your post will never be too short:
    • What is your character doing?
    • Why is your character doing what they are doing?
    • What do they see, hear, taste or feel?
    • How do they react/feel to what they see,  hear, taste or feel?
    • what is going on around your character that does not directly affect your character yet gives more atmosphere to the game?
  • Do not control another's character with out their permission. The whole idea of role play is that there are multiple people involved. Sometimes the situation will warrant it, but always work with your role playing partners for the sake of the pleasure of all involved in the writing. Posts can always be edited.

If you haven't found this list to be unreasonable and are still interested please create an account and answer the questions from the thread Your Sordid Details. Please note that though other role playing members may greet you, acceptance for full membership must be made by a Site Administrator.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 04:17:57 PM by GothicFires »

GothicFires

• Chaos in a Dream
  • Administrator
  • Seducer
  • Games: Open
Re: Site Role Playing Rules & Information
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »
Other role playing websites...

Unlike most other sites, I don't feel that people can't enjoy multiple sites. I have a list of other role playing sites under the Role Playing Resources. If you have a site that is not there and you would like me to list it them PM me the url. You are also permitted to put a link in your signature. If the site has a banner than PM it to me and I will be happy to use it in the appropriate place.

HOWEVER

I absolutely draw the line at advertising using Avatars. It is simply disrespectful.

This is happened twice. I am posting this so it is something that I do not have to repeat myself on in the future.

It has been brought to my attention that when someone tries to link an avatar from E that the Avatar will show as a picture with Elliquiy's url in it. If you link to an avatar on another role playing site or another site period double check to see that it comes out the way you intended.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:12:17 PM by GothicFires »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »