In The Dark/JointVentures Role Playing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to spammers annoying me, if you wish to become a member of this board you most first PM me (Gothicfires) through http://elliquiy.com

*ShoutBox
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOUT BOX!  (Read 6417 times)

GothicFires

• Chaos in a Dream
  • Administrator
  • Seducer
  • Games: Open
SHOUT BOX!
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
I'm not thrilled with it... but it is a shout box and it works. For the time being that is golden.

It is located in the Header section so it is no longer a site only shout box. Even though it is in the Header, Guests cannot see it. A person would have to sign up to the board and confirm an email before they are granted access to it.

The only theme it works with is SMF Default Theme - Core. I have no idea when I will integrate it into other themes. Don't ask. I will tell you when I do.

*edit*
3-7-09 shout box was not viewable to anyone but admins due to permissions... was noted and fixed all post regarding this have been deleted.  Please only post if it is a new shout box issue
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:21:13 PM by GothicFires »

GothicFires

• Chaos in a Dream
  • Administrator
  • Seducer
Re: SHOUT BOX!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »
I need to disable the shout box for a while. I will enable it when I can. Please no complaints. Its not something I want to do. I just need to at the moment.

GothicFires

• Chaos in a Dream
  • Administrator
  • Seducer
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
ok. there is a New shout box. This one is under the header. You should be able to see it and you should be able to see it on every page.

The host sent me a not so nice letter about cpu usage and by Vek's suggestion it was the shoutbox. So I have replaced it with a different one. If they continue to have issues a shout box may be something we have to live with out, but for now we will just wait and see.

Please let me know if you do not see or have problems with the shout box.

Dawg

• itd
  • Tempted
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:40:15 AM »
I really like the collapsible button, but the only problem with it is it doesn't stay collapsed, when you move to a new page it expands again.  No big deal since I think I am the only one who would collapse it, but it is a bug so thought I would mention it.

I reported it to the module creator.
-GF
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:15:04 PM by GothicFires »
"sEx is LikE aiR.    .   
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.    .    "     

Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely ~ Chinua Achebe

Torch

• itd
  • Tempted
  • Games: Looking
  • Soul meets soul on lovers' lips - P.B. Shelley
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »
You aren't the only one, Dawg. I would prefer it to stay collapsed as well, I hardly ever use it.

Lotus

• Skadovén
  • itd
  • Tempted
  • Lotus, Skadoven, Nijimai, Fallen, Atal & Æmün
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Well I've noticed it's not active on any of the other themes.  Which is a downer to me since bright backgrounds can give me headaches.  And I like the shout box.  I already mentioned this to you I know love.

Just was giving the option out there to the others that don't like it.  You can at least perma-collapse it that way. 
Uuma quena en'mani lle ume rei'mani lle umaya. Uma ta ar'lave ta quena ten'irste'.

Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do.  Do it and let it speak for itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »